|Title||Electronic invoicing - Part 1: Semantic data model of the core elements of an electronic invoice|
|Work Item Number||00434001|
|Abstract/Scope||This European Standard establishes a semantic data model of the core elements of an electronic invoice. The semantic model includes only the essential information elements that an electronic invoice needs to ensure legal (including fiscal) compliance and to enable interoperability for cross-border, cross sector and for domestic trade. The semantic model may be used by organizations in the private and the public sector for public procurement invoicing. It may also be used for invoicing between private sector enterprises. It has not been specifically designed for invoicing consumers. This European Standard complies at least with the following criteria: - it is technologically neutral; - it is compatible with relevant international standards on electronic invoicing; - the application of this standard should comply with the requirements for the protection of personal data of Directive 95/46/EC, having due regard to the principles of privacy and data protection by-design, data minimization, purpose limitation, necessity and proportionality; - it is consistent with the relevant provisions of Directive 2006/112/EC ; - it allows for the establishment of practical, user-friendly, flexible and cost-efficient electronic invoicing systems; - it takes into account the special needs of small and medium-sized enterprises as well as of sub-central contracting authorities and contracting entities; - it is suitable for use in commercial transactions between enterprises.|
|date of Availability (DAV)||2017-06-28|
|ICS||35.240.20 - IT applications in office work
35.240.63 - IT applications in trade
|Special National Condition(s)|
|Citation in OJEU||2014/55/EU (No)|
|date of Ratification (DOR) (1)||2017-04-17|
|date of Availability (DAV) (2)||2017-06-28|
|date of Announcement (DOA) (3)||2017-09-30|
|date of Publication (DOP) (4)||2017-12-31|
|date of Withdrawal (DOW) (5)||2017-12-31|
|Normative reference (6)||
EN ISO 3166-1
ISO/IEC 6523 series
(1) Date of ratification (dor) date when the Technical Board notes the approval of an EN (and HD for CENELEC), from which time the standard may be said to be approved
(2) Date of availability (dav) date when the definitive text in the official language versions of an approved CEN/CENELEC publication is distributed by the Central Secretariat
(3) Date of announcement (doa) latest date by which the existence of an EN (and HD for CENELEC), a TS or a CWA has to be announced at national level
(4) Date of publication (dop) latest date by which an EN has to be implemented at national level by publication of an identical national standard or by endorsement
(5) Date of withdrawal (dow) latest date by which national standards conflicting with an EN (and HD for CENELEC) have to be withdrawn
(6) This list of normative references is purely indicative. The only official list of normative reference is the list of the published standard.
In the case of undated standard, a link to the last dated version is provided.
In the case of series, a link to each standard identified in the series is provided.
We also invite you to check (via the website) whether corrigenda and/or amendments shall be read in conjunction with the main standard.